Sunday, October 26, 2008

Back from the Land Before Time

Hello everyone,

Its been a really tough couple of months. The new job was grueling and I was so exhausted, and I was battling the blues, and I had no stomach for writing.
But I've overcome all that! The job has settled down somewhat, and things are looking better in the romantic arena and the blues are gone for now, so I will try to catch up with everything.
Work has been hell. When I was being interviewed, they asked me how I felt about occasional overtime. I know that in the finance department, there will be overtime at month-end, its all part of the job. But I had no idea I was supposed to be working 12 hour days almost every day. Its almost like Survivor ....whoever makes it to the year-end, will get their bonus (mega bucks$$$), and if you don't make it...oh well ...toodles! Less money to be paid out!

My kids are doing great. I am so proud of these 2 boys. Don't get me wrong, we all have our moments of doppiness, but on the whole they are great. Alex is in college, which here in Quebec is halfway between last year of high school and first year of college. He is doing really well with his classes, which is film studies, but then he had better be since he chose them!! He is also working part time at a Halloween Store that opened for eight weeks only, so with all the hours he is putting in, he has very little time to go out with friends. But even though its taking up so much of his time and he is exhausted, he hangs in there for the money(he needs to pay back his Dad for the Playstaion 3 he got on Boxing Day) and because he knows its all over after Halloween. He told me he'll take a rest when the job is done.
Andrew is in his second year of high school and he is also doing very well. This is such a huge releif for us, since he was diagnosed as ADD and was on medication for a few years in elementary school. He doesn't take any mdeication now, and he is doing so well. When he does well, he is motivated to work harder and this results in even better marks! All this by himself. I don't have to get on his case to do homework and he manages to organise his stuff without my checking up on him. Occasionally he'll screw up, but hey....we all do! I tell them every day how proud I am of them!

Things are going well in the romance department. Perhaps not as quickly as I would want, but I have to accept and live within the restrictions of our reality. At this moment we are both supporting our kids and there is too much going on to allow us to be together as a single unit. It bothered me in the begining, cause I thought it was all like a hollywood movie....you know.....your kids....my kids....great big happy family. Now I know that this is not real, that we all have our stuff and I have to say that I am content with the way things are right now! I get to see him when we have time and its been really good when we are together, so much so that I can live with this for as long as it takes to get our "ducks lined up in a row". B and I have something special that neither one of has ever experienced before and we both want to nurture it into what I beleive will be a wonderful life together. However long it takes, I am committed, and I beleive he is too. Only time will tell, and I am willing to give it all I have.

That's it for now......I'll get to mere stuff this week, as the kids are with their Dad and I am home alone!!!

Have a great day!!!

2 comments:

Have the T-shirt said...

Welcome back! Glad everything is going so well :)

Diane Mandy said...

I was wondering where you went! Glad to know things are going well.