Monday, April 27, 2009

Naughty Girl! Yep, that's me!

WOW.... I have been a very naughty girl!! No, no, not that way, get your minds out of the gutters.
I have been vary lax in keeping up to date with this blogging stuff. Partly cause there hasn't been that much to talk about and partly cause there is too much to talk about.
I'm in a quandary. I can't seem to be able to decide how much to bore you with.
I'll do my best, but sometimes it all seems too boring to write about.

First off, that little illness I spoke about last time .... well it landed me in the hospital!!
Yes the pain was that bad. It was kind of a funny story. I had been in a lot of pain all the Sunday night and into Monday morning. There was no way I could get out of bed to go to work, so I called in sick. I was doing my best to just breath, lying there in bed, when my aunt drove by my house and noticed my car still there. She was perplexed? Is Dora not at work today? And being the really caring (read snooping) aunt that she is, she calls my mom. Hey, there, Dora's car is still at home and she is not answering her phone. What can be wrong??? Well, as quick as you can say superheros, my mom and aunt are at the door, ringing the doorbell, freaking out that I am close to death in there.
OK, I know they were almost right about this, but dear lord, did everyone in the building have to hear? They tried to convince me to call an ambulance, but I absolutely did not want that, so they drove me to the hospital.
The best part of this story ..... When we got to the emergency, the receiving nurse looked at me in the wheelchair with this large bloated abdomen and asked, "Baby?" "No" I replied, "Hernia!" Imagine ....at my age?!? Good grief!!! After 3 hours waiting, which is pretty good in emergency, they put me on a bed, found me a nook in the ICU and pumped me full of morphine! Alright, maybe not full of, but it was good enough for immediate relief from the pain! Then this really nice doctor came by to verify if it was urgent, because at this point they thought I would need surgery if the hernia was strangled. Thank goodness it was not the case, but the doctor had a really serious talk with me about the need to lose some weight. Even if the hernia is repaired, it will keep coming back.
So there you have it folks. I was in the hospital and couldn't blog. Well at least for 6 hours. The rest of the time I was just plain lazy!

3 comments:

Have the T-shirt said...

Geez! I'm glad you're OK. Wonder how long it would have taken you to get to the hospital left to your own devices? If you're like me, it might never have happened!

Good to see a post from you!

Dora said...

You are so right! I would have just lain there, wallowing in my pain and misery until it passed. I guess sometimes its good to have meddling relatives.

Diva's Thoughts said...

We need a new post from you missy!! lol